CLICK COVERS TO READ MORE



Sunday, February 10, 2013

Most Awesome Song at the Grammy's "I Will Wait For You"

Like me, did you watch the Grammy's last night? I don't watch the Oscars because those Dorkwood peeps are SOOOOO affected, wrapped up in their Disneyland lives and have no clue what's happening in the real world.

Sorry, I digress.

I do, however, watch the Grammy's and enjoy them immensely. I've been following the band MUMFORD and SONS and have fallen in love with their music. They performed their popular hit I WILL WAIT FOR YOU last night. Woohoo! There's been a lot of commentary on the net about the meaning of the lyrics. Below, watch the video while they perform the song. Read the lyrics from the song beneath the video and then take a peek at some of the opinions on the meaning of the lyrics from listeners.

I'll be waiting for Mumford & Sons to explain the meaning behind the lyrics one day. I'd really like to know, but then maybe that's another thing that makes the song so amazingly beautiful.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think. 

 

LYRICS
And I came home
Like a stone
And I fell heavy into your arms
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new sun

And I'll kneel down
Wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

So break my step
And relent
You forgave and I won't forget
Know what we've seen
And him with less
Now in some way
Shake the excess

But I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

So I'll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So take my flesh
And fix my eyes
That tethered mind free from the lies

But I'll kneel down
Wait for now
I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow

Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you


First Interpretation

 Am I the only one who thinks this is about his love for a woman? I think the interpretation is that he professing his love to his soon to be wife by kneeling down and proposing to her. He’s waiting for her response. "knows his ground" . She affected him and forgave him when he made a mistake and he won’t forget that. “Shake the excess” is saying to forget all he’s done wrong in the past and to move on together. The next verses are about how he would be with her and he’s explaining to her what he needs.


"So I'll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So tame my flesh
And fix my eyes
That tethered mind free from the lies”



He explains that he will use his head as well as heart when he makes decisions, tame his flesh , make him hers, and focus his eyes on her, and focus on the love that they share together.


"Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow"



The most beautiful lyrics of all. He wants her to take the vow to belong to each other together in marriage. Bow before the lord and take the vow of marriage. This whole song can also be interpreted very spiritually.



Second interpretation:

This listener thinks the song is spiritual because lead vocalist Marcus Mumford's parents head the Vineyard Churches in the United Kingdom. New album is titled BABEL. Here’s her take on the song: “As listeners, we really can't be sure what a songwriter's intention was when he or she composed a song. While I don't know whether it is what Mumford & Sons intended, I hear "I Will Wait" as a prayer — waiting for clarity and meaning, for grace and peace that surpasses all understanding. Waiting on God.”
 MY NEW RELEASE CAN BE FOUND HERE


1 comment:

Mary Kathryn Johnson said...

I didn't watch the Grammys, but I think this song is beautiful, and your interpretation equally beautiful! Thanks for sharing!