Friday, July 14, 2017

The Servant Signs A Contract To Have His Child - Sojourn With A Stranger

This full-length #romance has it all:
* Voodoo
* Gothic setting
* Ghosts
* Murder
* and...Love

About Sojourn With A Stranger:


A ghost haunts the halls of Stafford House. When Raine Brinsley arrives and accepts a position as a house servant, the ghost is determined to let Raine know who murdered her. Derek and Lyman Stafford race against time to produce the first male heir and secure the title to Stafford House. The brothers will do anything to win…including murder."

A dark, Gothic novel with romance, mystery, suspense and thrills.


EXCERPT: (Raine tells Derek a ghost has visited her bedchamber again).




Cocking his head to the side, Derek grabbed her elbow. "What do you have behind your back?"
Her face paled.
"What is it? Pray tell, not another Bible?"
She shook her head, brought her arms out and held the object before him.
The room swirled around him. "Baby?" He withdrew his hand as if burned by a hot branding iron. "But how?"
"The doll was on my pillow when I returned to my room."
He paced the hallway. "What madness is this?"
"Someone is up to no good."
When he stopped to look at her, she reminded him of a frightened child. Her cheeks were pale, her eyes ringed with dark circles. "I'll get to the bottom of this. The Bible and Baby cannot walk from that trunk in the attic." He looked toward the ceiling." And suddenly materialize in your bedchamber."
"Poor man," she said low-voiced. "The master has finally met a problem he doesn’t understand and doesn’t possess the ability to control."
"What is that supposed to mean? I tell you, Raine, someone in the manor dupes you."
"No, Derek. A spirit placed the objects in my room, a tormented, recently passed spirit."
"You drag the ghost into the conversation again. Tell me, what are you insinuating? You mean to say Cinda’s―?"
"How would I know?" She hissed the words and wrung her hands. "You can’t expect me to know what evil machinations occurred before I arrived."
"Evil?" He felt his forehead wrinkle. "Nothing evil transpired. Lucinda lost her mind, took her life." Despite the facts surrounding his wife’s death, a niggling fear crept up his spine. "If evil played a part, I swear I wasn’t aware of it
"Listen to me, Derek. A ghost finds it necessary to deliver a message to me." She leaned forward, her voice a whisper. "Someone marked a passage in the Bible, whether living or dead, I don’t know. The Bible was opened to a certain passage."
"What passage, tell me?"
"Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me."
Derek shivered and realized he’d never felt so cold in his life.

Rave Reviews For Sojourn With A Stranger

"The ending had a little twist that I also enjoyed. This is one you won't want to pass up." C. Rand, Amazon Reviewer."

"An absolutely wonderful book. I was captivated and submerged from the beginning to the end." BlackRose Reviews

"Diablo did a brilliant job with this historical romance novel. It had great romantic conflict, a bit of mystery and suspense and subtle paranormal undertones." Book of Secrets Reviews

"This ghostly historical captivates with its snappy dialogue, broody, mysterious leading man, and naïve but stubborn heroine." L. Jenkins Reviews

No comments: