Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Fascination With #Ghosts - #MFRWHooks

Hi there, 

Thanks for stopping by for this week's BOOK HOOKS blog hop sponsored by Marketing for Romance Writers. Don't forget to visit all the author blogs/web sites on the list to read a short snippet from their books! GO HERE


Now, back to the title of my post AND my obvious fascination with ghosts. Not long ago, I took inventory of my back list and made a startling discovery: Many of my books have a ghost or two between the pages. What's really eerie is that I didn't consciously try to connect my books through an otherwordly being in those stories. Guess that brings me to one obvious conclusion: I have subliminal obsession with spirits/apparitions.

And that brings me to this week's Book Hook snippet from my most recent release A GHOST TO DIE FOR.


This is a Contemporary Romance (with a ghost, of course!)

Do you believe in ghosts? Rooney Fontaine doesn't—or didn't until one named Stuart Granger shows up in her hotel room. Now the humorous, yet desperate, apparition is begging her to find the men who murdered him before his brother becomes their next victim.

After serving three tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, Stephan Granger is no stranger to risk and peril. When a woman shows up at his house rambling about ghosts, murder and assassins, his first inclination is to deem her wrong in the head and send her packing. But how does she know things that happened to him and his dear departed brother in their childhoods, secrets they never shared with anyone?

Soon after he invites her in to hear more about what really happened to Stuart,gunfire splits the air and shatters all the windows in the house. Someone is trying to kill them. Now they're on the run from assassins while trying to find out who killed his brother and why they want him dead too.



Even amid murder and mayhem, sometimes you find love
 
Setup and Short Snippet: (Rooney returns to her hotel room and finds a man seated in a chair near the window. After she sprays him in the face with hair spray, and realizes it doesn't faze him, he tells her why.)



The aroma of hair spray hung heavy in the air, but it didn't seem to bother him as much as it did her. Through a series of chokes and chortles she managed to eke out the words. "What are you, some kind of weirdo with inhuman defenses?"


A ghost.

"What!"

You asked me what I am and I'm telling you. I'm a ghost.

Eyes wide, voice in shriek mode, she fell onto the edge of the bed and glared at him. "You can't be a ghost. I don't believe in ghosts!"

Understandable. Neither did I until I became one.

Praise for A Ghost To Die For
"Do you believe in ghosts? If so, A GHOST TO DIE FOR by Keta Diablo will have you captivated while the hero and heroine deal with the fracking company who killed the hero's brother. Great story."

"This is one paranormal with a terrific ghost;"


Do you believe in ghosts? If so, A GHOST TO DIE FOR by Keta Diablo will have you captivated while the hero and heroine deal with the fracking company who killed the hero's brother. Great story."

"A really great story! I enjoyed the writing and the plot in A Ghost to Die For."







 








Read the Sample on KINDLE 

Hope to see you next week on the Books Hook Blog Hop!
  

4 comments:

Kayelle Allen said...

Oooh, ghosts? Keta, love this. :)

Kris Bock said...

Ooh, humorous ghost!

Helen Henderson said...

tweeting

Tina Gayle said...

Sounds interesting, shared on twitter.